Sunday, March 1, 2015

Just like riding a bike

Things I love about learning good technique - when you've taken a break and are trying to get back in shape, the technique is still there.  Maybe a little dusty, but totally accessible.

Today I hopped in the pool that is around the corner from my new apartment.  I love California for several reasons and today I found several more: the pools always have great natural lighting, they are measured in meters and the water is WAY warmer than anything you'll find in NYC pools.

I managed to swim 100m warm up, 150m drills (100m touch, 50m one-arm) and about 250m freestyle plus 50m breast stroke and 50m kick drills to cool down.  Not too shabby for taking a year off.

I've registered for the Malibu Triathlon in September and I'll be doing the Napa Valley Sprint Distance in April - my first west coast triathlon!  Here we go!


No comments:

Post a Comment